The market supply of raw materials for sandpaper, sandpaper and sandpaper rolls is very chaotic.
1. The names of sandpaper and abrasive cloth are confusing: due to the wide variety of abrasive belts and its derivative products, as well as the variety of substrates used, various enterprises take their own names, which are varied, which brings great inconvenience to users.
2. The material of sandpaper and abrasive cloth is chaotic: taking cloth base as an example, the products on the market include pure cotton, blended, long-staple cotton, general cotton, and interwoven, and the proportions of them are also different. There is no uniform standard to follow.
As for the sandpaper and sandpaper rolls, although there is a unified industry standard, do all manufacturers of sandpaper and sandpaper rolls strictly implement the standards, especially those small workshop-style sandpaper and sandpaper roll factories, which are all hung with sandpaper and sandpaper rolls. The brand, whether it meets the standards, is also not checked.
3. The organizational structure of sandpaper, abrasive belt and abrasive cloth is chaotic: the fabric substrate currently available in the market has various structures in its organizational density, yarn count, twill plain weave, and twill weave. Each manufacturer has its own set. Standard at all.
4. The strength index of sandpaper and abrasive cloth is chaotic: because the strength of the cloth substrate is closely related to the organizational structure of the fiber material, a general strength data cannot fully reflect the characteristics of the abrasive cloth material.
For example, if the strength of steel paper is not related to thickness and softness, it will not be used in production. For example, adding some chemical fiber to cotton fabric will increase the strength a lot, but the texture of the fabric has changed, and the quality will be different.
5. The treated cloth should establish a unified standard
To sum up, the materials used for sandpaper, abrasive belt and abrasive cloth rolls must have uniform standards, so that users can easily choose products.
In order to standardize the products of sandpaper and abrasive cloth rolls, we must start to rectify from the source, and standardize various materials for production, especially the three major materials-sandpaper and abrasive cloth rolls, substrates, and binders.
The existing sandpaper, abrasive belt and abrasive cloth roll products are classified, unified name, specification, model, and separate standards.
Develop uniform technical quality standards for the main raw materials used for sandpaper, belt and abrasive cloth rolls, including:
1. Raw materials belonging to the industry, such as processed cloth, composite base, etc., are formulated by industry standardization departments and industry associations.
2. For the raw materials supplied outside the industry, such as grey cloth, base paper, steel paper, phenolic resin, etc., the industry organization will come forward and negotiate with the relevant industry standardization organization to formulate material standards specially used for sandpaper, abrasive belt and abrasive cloth rolls.