Abrasive belt is a kind of belt-shaped tool that can be ground and polished, which is made by bonding abrasives on flexible materials such as paper and cloth with a binder. It is a major and higher-level coated abrasive tool. form. Its basic composition is: base material, abrasive and binder, collectively called the three elements of abrasive belt.
Due to the differences in the three major components and characteristic factors of abrasive belts, abrasive belts can be divided into many varieties.
(1) Electrostatic sand planting belt and gravity sand planting belt
1. The electrostatic sand planting belt uses the principle of high-voltage electrostatic adsorption to polarize the abrasive upwards and embed it in the adhesive layer on the surface of the substrate according to its own long axis direction, thereby forming a neatly arranged and uniformly distributed abrasive layer.
2. Gravity sand planting belts use the weight of the abrasive to freely fall from a certain height and be embedded in the glue layer on the surface of the substrate to form an abrasive layer. With this method of sand planting, the direction of the abrasive is not fixed, and it is mostly "lodging". "status.
(2) Unconnected abrasive belts, jointed abrasive belts and open abrasive belts
1. The jointless abrasive belt is made of a special cylindrical cloth as the base material, which is processed by stretching, calendering and immersing the original cloth on a special equipment, and is made by coating, sand planting, and drying.
2. The joint belt is a widely used belt at present. It is the final product formed by the conversion process of cutting, edging, joint bonding, and slitting of the rolled original blank made according to the special requirements of the belt.
3. Open abrasive belt is another major category of abrasive belts. It is a rolled product formed by directly slitting the original abrasive belt. Its length and width can be selected as required.
(3) Densely planted sanding belt and sparsely planted sanding belt
1. The characteristic of the densely planted abrasive belt is that the abrasives are closely connected to each other, the entire surface of the substrate is covered, and there is no obvious gap between the abrasives.
2. The sparsely planted belt abrasive grains are arranged at a predetermined distance, so there are obvious gaps between single abrasive grains.
(4) Dry abrasive belt and water-resistant abrasive belt
1. Dry abrasive belts are widely used. Because abrasive belt grinding is a kind of "cold state" grinding, it usually does not require cooling and will not burn the workpiece.
2. The water-resistant abrasive belt requires cooling fluid to be added to all processing. Of course, it can also be used for dry grinding. It not only uses water-resistant synthetic resin as the primer and re-adhesive, but also the base material has to undergo strict water-resistant treatment and impregnated with waterproofing. Resin or polyester rubber increases the water resistance of the entire abrasive tool, and the joint part must also use water-resistant glue to resist the erosion of the coolant.
(5) Super-coated sanding belt and grid sanding belt
1. The super-coated abrasive belt is a new type of abrasive belt that has emerged in recent years. In addition to the base material, abrasive, primer and compound, it is also coated with a coating with special functions. The layer is called the super coating or third layer.
2. There are two kinds of grid sand belts. One is that the abrasive belt base material is the same as the ordinary sand belt, which is flat, but the abrasive layer is divided into a number of grid shapes with specified sizes; the other is the abrasive belt base. The material itself is grid-like, and the abrasive planted on it naturally becomes grid-like.
(6) Multi-layer abrasive belt and composite abrasive belt
1. Multi-layer abrasive belt has a certain degree of self-sharpening due to its multi-layer abrasive, which can be reduced slowly during work like a grinding wheel.
2. There are two types of composite abrasive sand: hollow ball composite abrasive and cork composite abrasive belt.
(7) Diamond abrasive belt and cubic boron nitride abrasive belt
Because diamond and cubic boron nitride abrasives are extremely expensive, almost all of these two abrasive belts use metal belts as the base material, and use chromium and nickel as the "binder". The abrasives are "bonded" by electroplating. Made on the base material, these two kinds of abrasive belts are currently mainly used for precision grinding of super-hard or brittle materials.